A bit of light mental exercise for golfers Please like this page and email the correct answers to email@example.com and you will be entered for a raffle for
1.a bottle of Famous Grouse Scotch for members or
2. a free round for 3 people at Alton Golf club for non members
The challenge Is to name the golf courses represented on the picture below .... any 5 will get a raffle ticket, 10 will get you 2 and 15 3...
Good luck everyone.. competition closes April 9 2020
Evening fellow members, I hope that you, your family and friends are all safe and well.
The current lack of golf shouldn’t stop you from thinking about your game. There are plenty of opportunities to work on the mental approach to your game. It can help your mindfulness in these unusual circumstances.
We obviously cannot be sure when the restrictions in place will be lifted or when we can return to the course, clubhouse and practice ground, but don’t worry, I am already playing around with a few ideas to celebrate our return.
I, along with the rest of the Committee hope you all continue to follow the current guidelines, stay safe and we very much look forward to something special when we all return.
At Alton Golf Club, the health, wellbeing, and safety of our members, volunteers, staff and visitors is the priority.
While we are very much aware and understand our staff, members and visitors are concerned about Covid-19, we want to reassure you that we are monitoring the developing situation extremely closely and we are following the advice of the Chief Medical Officer, Public Health England
As far as the committee is aware there have been no actual or suspected cases of the Coronavirus at The Club. If this situation changes, we will act quickly to protect our members, visitors, and employees.
As a team, we are following Public Health England guidelines to ensure that best cleaning practices are always delivered
· We are reviewing daily briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
· the Clubhouse is closed PLEASE do not enter ... even if the access doors are open.
· The Changing rooms are open - We have an adequate supply of anti-bacterial hand wash and sanitizers.
. The shoe cleaner is switched off. Please make sure your shoes are cleaned using the standing brush before entering the changing rooms.
In the absence of any paper cups etc, the bar is closed. We suggest members and visitors bring their own beverages as required. If you are bringing bottles to the club please take them home, as glass is a good carrier of infection and our staff are told not to touch them
We ask that you take these steps, which are consistent with government advice.
· · Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue then wash your hands with soap and water.
· If you think that you have encountered the virus, please follow the government advice and self-isolate in the first instance. Please do not come to the club even to play if you have had a precipitant, new cough or a fever (Temperature above 37.8C).
· Do not offer a handshake at any time thank you.
We will continue to keep you updated on our policies in due course. We have no plans to re-schedule competitions or events at present, however, if the advice or situation changes, we will keep you informed through the website and normal channels of communications. Golf continues to be a sport that can be enjoyed by all, providing we follow the advice provided.